Now that I’ve made enough macarons to last our family for a while, I think it’s time to spread the love around. I don’t think I will do these beautiful little morsels justice by stuffing them in a plain box, so decided to use my Stampin Up! Big Shot to make some transparent scallop envelopes, and make a box out of them.
For this you will need:
Stampin Up! Big Shot Die-cutting machine
Scallop envelope die
1 x window (transparent) sheet
DSP (for this one here I used Sweet Always which is retired for the box, SAB Everyday Enchantment for the butterflies)
White card stock for the little sentiment
Chocolate Chip stamp pad
Simply Sent stamp “live love life” (retired)
A small rhinestone brad
Decorative Label Punch
Chocolate Chip 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon
This is easier than you imagine.
1. Cut the window sheet to fit over the die.
2. Build the die ‘sandwich’ – from the bottom: standard cutting pad; scallop envelope die; window sheet; standard cutting pad.
3. Put this sandwich through the Big Shot machine, and there you have it, a scallop envelope. Repeat with the other window sheet to get another scallop envelope.
4. Fold along the score lines and put sticky strips on the inside of the flaps. Peel off the protective cover of the sticky strips and stick the two envelopes together.
5. Make two butterfly punch-outs and hold it together with a small clear rhinestone brad. Slightly curl the top butterfly to make it stand out a bit.
6. Stamp the sentiment with Chocolate Chip stamp pad on White card stock. I punched the sentiment out with a Decorative Label punch, and trimmed it down.
7. Adhere both the butterfly and the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Fill box with colourful macarons (they fitted perfectly!!).
9. Tie the box with a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon.
10. Gift to friend!
This is making its way to my friend, I hope she and her family will enjoy this =)
If you are interested in this box or the tools I’ve used to create this, email me!